Maintaining your muffler and exhaust system not only helps to minimize engine noise, it helps protect you and others from dangerous carbon monoxide and/or carbon dioxide fumes and helps reduce pollutants released into the atmosphere. Your emissions system:
- Directs harmful engine-exhaust gases away from the inside of your vehicle
- Reduces pollutants released into the atmosphere
- Minimizes engine-exhaust noises
How often should I get my exhaust system checked?
Chucks Automotive recommends having your exhaust system checked out at least once a year.
- It’s easy for you (and everyone around you) to tell when your muffler needs repair
- Your emissions system can have other, more serious problems that aren’t quite so obvious to detect
- Pinholes, stuck valves, loose brackets, and catalytic converter malfunctions in your exhaust system could allow deadly carbon monoxide to leak into your vehicle
Climate and normal road conditions can damage, break, or wear out exhaust components over time.
Chucks Automotive services include:
- Comprehensive inspection of all exhaust components
- Replacing all exhaust parts that are broken, missing, or malfunctioning